This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K3b and Nerolinux both freeze!

Hello everyone, i am having problems with both k3b and Nerolinux freezing at the splash... when it is searching for devices. Most of the time both pieces of software work great... but after my computer sits for awhile, then i go to open either up it will freeze on the splash and will only work agian if i reboot. After i reboot they will work like normal again, until some time has past then the same symptoms start! Any suggestions? I thought it was the cdrecord and kernel problem, but why would i have Nero freeze? It doesnt use cdrecord? thanks

Re: K3b and Nerolinux both freeze!

I suspect that you've got an ecologically friendly daemon somewhere in your system that is turning off your CD writer after N minutes of inactivity. If you fool around with the settings in the last tab of "System Settings">"Laptops and Power">"Laptop Battery" you can probably change the behavior. What the heck, your CD writer uses less energy in a year than an SUV uses in 10 milliseconds.

Sorry I can't be more explicit, but I've never been able to find documentation on what all those choices on the dropdown list mean.

Comment

hmm... i am actually starting to think that one of my burners is causing the problem... I have the same verion of kubuntu on my laptop and i have yet to see the problem. I might have to check this out further

thanks for the help, it seems like nobody ever responds to my posts in this forum

Comment

Ok, i figured i would follow up on this in case it can help anyone else. It was one of my burners causing the problem. I unhooked the burner in question and now i k3b will never freeze on startup. It has been about a week too

Comment

Good Grief! A genuine hardware problem! In general, when someone thinks their hardware is misbehaving (and don't actually see or smell smoke) the problem is usually in a configuration file. In your case, it actually appears to be a hardware problem.

Comment

Working...
          X