This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gnome-keyring?

I've got gnome-keyring and gnome-keyring-manager installed, but whenever I run gnome-keyring-manager, it says "GNOME KEYRING Daemon is not running." Twice. I'm running Kubuntu, of course, so it wasn't installed by default. (I'm trying to use it for network-manager-gnome, since knetworkmanager seems to be terribly buggy and it doesn't cooperate with KWallet at all.)

Now, I have a very simple script to run gnome-keyring-daemon set up in both ~/.kde/Autostart/ and /etc/init.d/ , but it still doesn't seem to want to run. Can someone make a suggestion as to how to get gnome-keyring-daemon to run properly, so that it will actually work? I'm pretty much at the end of my expertise here.

Re: gnome-keyring?

First of all, simply inserting a script in /etc/init.d does not mean that it will be executed. You must also link to it in /etc/rc2.d, probably as S99startGnomeKR or something similar. I don't understand why it doesn't start GKR when run in ~/.kde/Autostart. If you post a copy, perhaps someone here can help.

Comment

Working...
    X