This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video playback - aspect ratio and brightness problems

In Kaffeine i can adjust my brightness and contrast but not saturation (it's ignored).
    The colour looks odd at best (sort of pinkish) and the aspect ratio is horribly squished vertically.

Using KMplayer with xine engine (xine also in Kaffeine) I have correct aspect ratio.
    But the birghtness is flush white almost everywhere. How can I fix either or both of these?

I have an intel extreme 915GM which I tried to driverize with i915 specific but messed that up and lost GUI all together. After reboot with kubuntu liveCD, replacing xorg.conf with generated live one, back up inti i810 card and driver with 3D acceleration working.
    Point is: I have the default drivers running with a resolution of 1680x1050, so if this affects players detecting aspect ratios how do I change that? Kaffeine ignores the aspect settings except for the ones that squish even more.

I have tried KMplayer with MPlayer engine which allows fullscreen at least and zooming, but still brightness issue.

Re: Video playback - aspect ratio and brightness problems

I also have the brightness issue. I've reduced the contrast to make it at least viewable (I watch TV on my laptop through a Freecom USB DVB stick), but the balance is still not good.

Have you found any solution Aessa? The nearest I came was a post somewhere which mentioned updated the video drivers, but when I tried that Adept said it would break install and wouldn't let me.

Donald

Comment

Re: Video playback - aspect ratio and brightness problems

Media playback in Edgy seems perfect now
      Installed codecs with automatix but I suppose the trick is mainly in contrast being the only setting which is at about 50% and not in the middle.

Comment

Working...
      X