X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video scaling problems

Hi,

I have troubles with video scaling (I hope this is the right term for my problems).

With players like kaffeine, vlc or mplayer the movie output gets bad as soon I switch to (almost) fullscreen mode. Little horizontal stripes appear and the movie shakes. No problems when I have the movie played in smaller size than (almost) fullscreen.

The same movies are ok in fullscreen mode on suse and windows.

Has anyone got an idea what is causing this behaviour?

Cheers
    Jonny

Re: Video scaling problems

Probably this isn't of much interest since no-one has posted on this topic for more than 120 days!
    But since I had this problem and didn't know what caused this as a linux newbie I thought I'll
    mention that this is probably a "driver issue".
    My GigaByte graphics card (GeForce 8400 GS) works perfectly well under
    Kubuntu 7.10, but I had to install the proprietary NVidia drivers to get rid of this "scaling" problem.

Comment

Re: Video scaling problems

In case anyone still reads this... and since it came up when I searched for my "symptoms" (horizontal and vertical stripes when I go into fullscreen mode) - switching off desktop effects while watching does the trick.

I agree that is is most likely a driver issue since I'm fairly sure I have all codecs and it happens with all media players. I'm using an older ATI with open-source driver.

Chopstick

Comment

Working...
      X