This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using metamodes with twinview for fullscreen games

I just got twinview working on my Dapper Drake setup. When I run fullscreen games, the screen appears in the middle of the two monitors, obviously. I read up, and it seems I need to use a seperate metamode, such as '1280x1024,NULL'(my current metamode is '1280x1024,1280x1024'), to make the game show up fullscreen on one monitor only. I tried doing this, giving me this metamode line:
    Option "MetaModes" "1280x1024,1280x1024;1280x1024,NULL"

I restarted X, and found that my desktop was using the second metamode. I was under the impression that the first metamode in the list would be the one used by the desktop. I decided I would worry about that later, first I had to find a way to switch metamodes while at my desktop. I read some things that mentioned ctrl+alt+kp_plus changing something, but I tried it, and nothing happened. So I ask you, is there a way to change metamodes on the fly so I can use both monitors for desktop work, and just one for gaming?

Re: Using metamodes with twinview for fullscreen games

I'm battling this same issue did you ever find an answer, anyone?

Comment

I can't honestly remember if I ever did figure this out, as I left for school right afterwards. But I'm going home for the holidays tomorrow, and I'll have both my monitors again so I'll check it out and get back to you.

Comment

Ok, it looks like I never figured this one out. Would love someone else's feedback!

Comment

Dark-

I have made some progress. If your problem is the same as mine it appears that there is a configuration file inside our /home/"USER"/.kde profile that is applying some settings after we login. The trick is trying to figure out which one.

One other thing. I had the same problem with the CTL-ALT-(keypad)+/- until I redid my xorg.conf. Refer to this post:
          http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=11975.0

It should point out what I did to fix that.

Besides that it's a matter of trying to find someone to help us with KDE config files?

Comment

Working...
          X