X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evolution POP works but not SMTP

Need help with SMTP.

Installed Kubuntu earlier in the week. After a number of tries figured out how to import mail boxes from previous Evolution. Got my POP incoming mail working. The server is diffrent than the cable supplier.

When I try to connect to the SMTP, sending out mail, Evolution send receive box just hangs attempting to send out messages, after downloading emails.

I have the right server, smtp.broadband.rogers.com, because it returns the type of authication required when asked.

I can put in the user id, but never get asked for the password.

So what am I doing wrong.

Any other Canadians who have solved this problems ?

Thanks

Re: Evolution POP works but not SMTP

Got it working after rooting around Novell-Evolution pages, and some Rogers.com pages.

Found out how to specify a certain port '587' on the send out server = smtp.broadband.rogers.com:587

Then I could see what the authentication method the server wanted. Still had problems. Would generate an error message with the wrong server
    Back to Evolution tips, I did a '$ evolution --force-shutdown' Then when I retried to send a message, the request for the password popped up right away. And everything is OK now.

Gary

Comment

Working...
    X