This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox 3.0.1 (hardy) New print dialog problems

I recently upgraded from kubuntu gutsy to hardy which switched me from FF 2.0.0.16 to FF 3.0.1.
    I now have a new print to file dialog that is buggy and a toggle I frequently use is buried in a tab.

Is there a way I can get back the old print dialog that worked right?
    I tried toggling print.use_native_print_dialog and it does nothing.

I'm even willing to try a manual install of FF if necessary to get around anything the kubuntu team did to "enhance" FF (if someone shows me how to get all the plugins (especially multimedia), etc. from kubuntu to still work.)

Problems with new dialog:
    - print selection (which I use frequently) has been moved to a hidden tab (options)
    - Print to file dialog always names the file mozilla.ps in my home directory. It does not remember where the last print (even in the same session) went. (I always use a separate directory as a manual print queue.)
    - Print to file dialog no longer shows similarly named files as I type the file name
    - Print to file dialog no longer warns about overwriting an existing file. It just does it!

These are serious regressions.

I don't know if this has anything to do with kubuntu because Thunderbird 2.0.0.16 on the same machine has the old print dialog that works right.

I print almost everything to file so I can run it through my duplex printing emulator, so the above problems confront me almost every time I print!

Any help would be appreciated!

Joe
    kubuntu Xenial - Toshiba i3 and Toshiba i7 Notebooks

Re: Firefox 3.0.1 (hardy) New print dialog problems

Just a guess but worth a shot.

rename ~./mozilla/firbird/default.yxz to default_old and restart firefox which will let firefox recreate a profile that it likes (FF3 does not always like FF2 profiles).

You can then copy over bookmarks (if you don't use foxmarks). etc from old to new.

Hope that helps
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
    X