This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taskbar disappeared

For unknown reason the taskbar disappeared, how to I put it back ?
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Taskbar disappeared

Originally posted by lotech
    You mean the whole kicker panel or just the taskbar applet (the one with buttons for open windows)?

If the former, try restarting kicker or if that doesn't work open up panel dialog
    Code:
    kcmshell panel
    And edit panel settings (like panel position) and click apply and it should bring up the panel again (you can change it back if you like after that).

If the latter, right-click on panel and choose add applet>taskbar

Comment

This also happened to me!

Delete the kickerrc file (from /home/%user%/.kde/share/config) and then restart the system. The default kicker will load in all of its beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by lotech
        That happens to me several times a day. Sometimes as much as 4 or 5 times a day. To restart the kicker : right-click the desktop, click RUN COMMAND, then type: kstart kicker.

r.

Comment

Thanks, it came back after start.

Comment

Thanks, it came back after restart.

Comment

I found this thread when I came looking to solve the same problem. But the comment "This happens to me several times a day" has me worried. Is losing the kicker a common thing? Any way to prevent it?

Thanks!

Comment

Nah, it's not a common thing. In Breezy, it was, at least for me. It crashed several times. I've had no Kicker related crashes in Dapper.
                Jucato's Data Core

Comment

I had (thanks to this thread it is had and not have) this problem. I wasn't loosing kicker and the kcmshell panel command and turning off the hiding worked for me. I just run without hiding to avoid this problem. I'm using edgy. In dapper you could control this in the system settings dialog, but in edgy it has been removed. I wonder why.
                  FKA: tanderson

Comment

The goal was to make System Settings as lightweight was possible, removing settings that can be more logically found in some other place, like the Panel settings when you right-click the panel. Unfortunately, they were not aware of this KDE issue. I've already brought this to their attention, so hopefully it will be returned in Feisty.
                    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Working...
                    X