This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Sound With Kaffeine

whenever i try to play dvd with kaffiene, i can see the video but get no sound! there is no problem with the sound! it works in the rest of the system but doesnot work with this!

Also when i try to play mp3 files with amarok, it just finishes a song within 2 or 3 seconds without giving me any sound! and ends up with the whole playlist within some minutes without doing its job! i don't know what exactly the problem is!

Kindly help me in resolving these problems! Thanks!

Re: No Sound With Kaffeine

You really shouldn't double post.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=3096023
    Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue...

Comment

Re: No Sound With Kaffeine

Originally posted by unluckyprince
      whenever i try to play dvd with kaffiene, i can see the video but get no sound! there is no problem with the sound! it works in the rest of the system but doesnot work with this!

Also when i try to play mp3 files with amarok, it just finishes a song within 2 or 3 seconds without giving me any sound! and ends up with the whole playlist within some minutes without doing its job! i don't know what exactly the problem is!

Kindly help me in resolving these problems! Thanks!
      what you might need to do is change your sound server to alsa. go to the k menu, system preferences and then to sound once you have system preferences open. there should somewhere in that menu be an option for sound system and a tab for hardware. click on hardware and change the audio device to advanced linux sound architecture. hit apply and reboot. if for some reason the update system gets caught in a loop try to select alsa again and apply it again. i hope that this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X