X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(FIXED) KPilot not sync'ing

Hi all

Has anyone gotten KPilot to work on Dapper so far ?

I have a Sony Clie PEG - TJ37. I have used it with no issues in Mandrake/iva for the last two years. But I could never get it to Sync with Kubuntu Dapper (never used another Kubuntu version).

I found several posts on the web about Palm sync-ing being broken from Breezy on. Looks like a regression.

It is really weird: I can start the sync process, (kpilot running, hit the Hotsync icon on the Palm), and I see this in KPilot:

Code:
    Version: KPilot 4.6.0 (blivit)
    Version: pilot-link 0.11.8
    Version: KDE 3.5.1
    Version: Qt 3.3.5

HotSync Log

10:55:51 Daemon status is `Waiting for sync'
    10:57:56 Unable to read system information from Pilot
    On the progress bar at the bottom, "Sync progress" is stuck at 30%". The PDA says that "The connection to the computer could not be established".

The device is set to /dev/ttyUSB1 , but I get the same with /dev/ttyUSB0 and /dev/pilot - Other devices don't work at all.

Any pointers, ideas ? Any success stories ?

Many thanks!

Re: KPilot not sync'ing

I can second that, exactly the same problem. I have a Zire 31, worked AOK on breezy, refuses to sync on dapper. 

dmesg says the kernel has recognised the zire

[4296412.239000] usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 6
    [4296412.371000] visor 3-1:1.0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter detected
    [4296412.371000] usb 3-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB0
    [4296412.371000] usb 3-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB1

But cannot sync, breezy was on PIII 700Mhz, dapper is on Sempron 64 3400

Any ideas anyone ?

Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave

I say, unless we fix it soon, let's fill a bug report in Malone. Let's keep this thread alive in the meantime. This should be fixed for Dapper final!

Cheers!

Comment

Totally agree

Dave

Comment

I just upgraded to Dapper's KDE 3.5.2, KPilot still not sync'ing. Anyboday has any input at this point ? I'll try to file a bug report this weekend

Cheers!

Comment

(FIXED) Re: KPilot not sync'ing

Alright, I fixed it !

It was simply a matter of setting:

Settings -> Configure KPilot -> Device -> Speed = 9600

Would that work for you Dave ?

Cheers!
            Attached Files

Comment

Re: (FIXED) KPilot not sync'ing

Also as a note if you have a lifedrive the speed 9600 works but you need to add the zire work around under the speed specification, I got the lifedrive to sync right after I made these changes.

Comment

This also works for the Palm TX - it's syncing as I type this. Thought you might like to know. Thanks all!

Comment

Originally posted by Ms.Phitt
                  This also works for the Palm TX - it's syncing as I type this.  Thought you might like to know.  Thanks all!
                  Is this on KDE 3.5.5 (Kubuntu Edgy) ? My KPilot stopped working in KDE 3.5.5. There are several threads on this same problem , including this one
                  http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=10661.0

Many Thanks !
                  Leo

Comment

Working...
                  X