This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Dapper PowerPC - Mac keyboard & mouse

I recently installed Kubuntu Dapper on my Mac mini and everything is working great so far, except for two things : the keyboard and mouse.

My first question is pretty simple : under Mac OS X, I use ctrl-click to emulate right-click; is there a similar combo which would allow me to right-click with my single-button mouse under Linux ?

And then, Kubuntu is having trouble with the numeric keypad, and more importantly, with Alt. Some key combinations work and others don't.

For example, I can enter @ with Alt+2 but Alt+5, which should produce [ gives me a ½. I also tried to use Command (Apple key) instead of Alt since it is located where Alt should be (whereas Alt is found where the Windows/Super key usually is), but then I simply get 5. Does anyone know how I can make things work with this KB, or if there is some kind of Keyboard Viewer like under OS X ?

Re: Kubuntu Dapper PowerPC - Mac keyboard & mouse

FYI the "mouseemu" package (Universe repository) will emulate mouse buttons : F10 for middle-click and F11 for right-click. It has no GUI and a manual can be found at http://www.penguin-soft.com/penguin/man/8/mouseemu.html

Still haven't found a solution for the keyboard but haven't been looking for one extensively either.

Comment

Working...
    X