This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong CPU MHZ showing up

I have a dual core 64 bit 4400+ processor which really runs at 2.2 GHZ ? In kubuntu edgy it is showing up at 1000 GHZ. How do I go about getting it to correctly list the correct speed. It does list both processors, it also list the correct FSB.

Will I AM

Re: Wrong CPU MHZ showing up

bump. No one has ever seen this before?

Will I AM

Comment

Maybe it's getting auto throttled? You could run a cpu intensive application and check your numbers again and this should tell you if that's happening.

Comment

That is what is happening. SO how do I keep this from happening or does it even matter?

Comment

What you have is Cool n' Quiet. All Athlon64 processors have it and they will throttle down when they're iddle and go back up to full speed when needed. I have had no problems with it at all(except for one badly coded game in Wine), and it keeps the cpu temperature down and saves power. But if you want to turn it off you can either disable it in the BIOS or run "sudo /etc/init.d/powernowd stop"(without quotes) to temporarily turn it off in Linux. ("sudo /etc/init.d/powernowd start" to start it up again)

Comment

apt-get install htop

Comment

Working...
            X