This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok sound

Hello, I just upgrade to Kubunu edgy eft, but I cannot hear sound from Amarok's lastfm stream. I can hear music if a rip form ym Cd or the normal sounds but not from last fm. any help would be appreciated.

Re: Amarok sound

Originally posted by tikal26
    Hello, I just upgrade to Kubunu edgy eft, but I cannot hear sound from Amarok's lastfm stream. I can hear music if a rip form ym Cd or the normal sounds but not from last fm. any help would be appreciated.
    I am exactly in the same situation... More, I have downloaded the last.fm program trying to use it instead of amarok, but - for some reason that I do not understand - it crashes as soon as it connect to one of my stations... any hint?

Marco

Comment

Hey guys, as it happens by chance I read this post while sitting at my AMD64X2 equipped computer running 64 bit kubuntu and listening to the vocal trance stream from DI.fm, using amarok.

Given the above observation, I think, you may not have selected the right stream? You need the codec to play whatever version it is that you have selected. I play the AAC+ one:
      http://www.di.fm/aacplus/vocaltrance.pls

Ah, I forgot to tell you, it grooves

Comment

how do you select the right stream inside amarok

Comment

Oops, sorry for creating a little bit of confusion here, I was reading di.fm while in fact you wrote last.fm. Anyhow - I have both, and they both work in my Amarok.

Selecting the right stream for me in amarok is as easy as dragging the last.fm channel from the playlist sidebar into the main playlist window, and press play on the last.fm channel entry.

If that does not work with you, you may be missing some codecs or maybe you haven't configured your last.fm user setup in Amarok? It is one of the tabs under "configurations>configure amarok" (note that the english menu may look slightly different, this is just my back-translation.)

Comment

Working...
          X