This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dapper 1386 on amd64 3000+

i tried breazy 64 bit a while ago on this machine but the lack of packages forced me to come back to i386 based OS. i386 is running fine on my machine but i cant seems to get sound out of my machine. when i play ogg file in xmms, xmms seems to play the file but there is sound coming out of headphones. any idea??

Re: dapper 1386 on amd64 3000+

The 64-bit version of Dapper is quite a bit better than Breezy. You may want to consider it.

As for your question, it seems unclear. You say sound is coming out of the headphones, so the sound is working. If you forgot the word not, then it makes sense.

If your sound isn't working, try running alsaconf. It could be that there are more than one sound devices in your system and kubuntu is picking up the wrong one (i.e. webcam).

Comment

i got the same deal, wel kinda. dapper will play sound, as in the errors bleeps and what not. but when it comes to amarok and kaffeine, um yeah no sound whatsoever. im thinkin the sound util is busy

Comment

You should be using the xine engine and have the output plugin set to autodetect.

Comment

Originally posted by askrieger
          You should be using the xine engine and have the output plugin set to autodetect.
          how i set that up?

Comment

1) In Synaptic, (or Adept, if you must) search for packages with xine in "description and name". Install amarok-xine, libxine-extracodecs, libxine-main1, xine-ui and anything those packages bring along.

2) In Amarok, choose Settings>"Configure Amarok">Engine>"Sound System">"xine engine" and "configure xine engine">"output plugin">autodetect

3) In K>"System Settings">"Sound & Multimedia">"Sound System Configuration">General>"Enable the Sound System" and Hardware>"Select and Configure Your Audio Device">autodetect.

You will note that none of this has anything to do with the fact that you have an AMD64 CPU.

Comment

Working...
            X