This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Print using Firefox32

I've followed the Unbuntu Guide and have the 32bit Firefox and related "Forced" requirements installed in order to be able to browse like any other 32bit user (no thanks to Adobe and Sun) and I've noticed;

- Printers appear throughout system and operate fine with all other applications
    - Printers do not appear and unavailable on Firefox32
    - Issue not present on other distro's IE FC6 or Suse x86-64 flavors.
    - Tried Ice Weasel and Flock 32 bit apps and same issue.
    - 64 bit Firefox shows printers and prints fine.

What am I missing? I would prefer to completely use the 32bit Firefox for obvious reasons leaving the 64 bit as a backup. However when you make an online purchase, it would be nice to print the receipt? Not get that far and Uh Oh!!!! To switch back and forth is not a solution but a temp workaround at best. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Kubuntu 6.10 64bit
    AMD 2800+ 64Bit
    1Gb RAM
    300Gb Hard Drives (100 & 200)
    ATI Radeon 9000

Re: Unable to Print using Firefox32

goto system settings>printers>print manager>filters>configure manager>filter
    and move printer from right pane to left pane. ouila. restart firefox.
    I tried Enlightenment once, it was pretty cool.

Comment

Old Salt, here's another angle -- assuming you have a pretty secure /home directory for your important data (i.e. you have /home on its own partition), why don't you simply capture the screen when you make an online purchase? I've been doing it that way for 5 years, using (in Windows) the Alt-PrtCrn to capture, and /accessories/paint to paste and save. In (K)Ubuntu, both KDE and Gnome have a screen capture utility. You can capture orders, capture delivery tracking status, capture electronic invoices -- whatever you want.

Here's the big benefit - when you have a problem, and you are in e-mail contact with the supplier's customer service rep, you simply e-mail them the evidence of your purchase -- all needed details are right there.

Not that printing from Firefox shouldn't work .....

:P

Comment

Originally posted by bootdoc
        goto system settings>printers>print manager>filters>configure manager>filter
        and move printer from right pane to left pane. ouila. restart firefox.
        thanks bootdoc - this worked however I will add some ammendments I saw that may be different between our systems.

- System Settings > Printers > Print Manager & select Configure the Manager
        - then select Filter form the left pane
        - My printers moved left to right.

Not sure WHY this needs to be done? In any case - I believe I will definately be adding some posts to a lot of places where many were left hanging.

Thanks so much bootdoc!

Comment

Ooops, when I clicked the link it opened firefox by default. Sorry....

THIS DID NOT work on swiftfox.

Sorry my bad on this

Comment

Working...
          X