This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCMCIA wireless cards?

Does anyone have, or can you recommend a pcmcia card for 64 bit kubuntu. I have a HP/Compaq nx6125, with a broadcom bcm4309 card which completely refuses to work with anything. I'm happy with everything else in kubuntu and wireless would make it just so. Any help much appreciated.

Re: PCMCIA wireless cards?

All I can say is don't even consider a Linksys at the moment because I have one and i'm stuck running on the 32bit kubuntu because of it. Linksys haven't even created a Windows 64bit set of drivers and they "refuse" to create any linux or unix driver because when I phoned them as soon as i mentioned linux they became positivly hostile to me. I do not know of any 64 bit wireless cards because the cards own processor would have to be 64bit as well. The reason why USB pci ports work under 64bit is because they are all the same on the drivers level so it is easy to create a backwards compatibility with them but wireless cards are all different with only a few similar parts in the firmware dept. but it is too difficult and lengthy to write backwards compatibility for all wireless cards. There would be no problem if the ignorant companies just made linux drivers (even if they are just tarballs)

Comment

Working...
    X