This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've killed my wireless network!

Ok, I know it was a stupid thing to do, but if you don't meddle sometimes, you don't learn...

I was playing around with my laptop and disabled my wireless network card as I was using the ethernet port - don't ask I'm am not sure why I did it.

However, I did expect after a couple of days not using the laptop and firing it up to be able to re-enable the wireless and just carry on. But no, it has completely disappeared.

So, does Kubuntu use ndiswrapper by default as the standard wireless software at installation, if not what does it use.

lspci show the system recognised the Cisco PCMCIA a/b/g card. However, I have had problems with this card, particularly trying to find the correct driver. In a failed Opensuse install I tried just about every combination of driver, including taking the active XP drivers and using ndiswrapper.

So could anyone shed light on the method employed in Kubuntu for installing and setting up wireless - what software is being used?

Regards

Steve

Re: I've killed my wireless network!

Update.

I didn't not kill my wireless connection. I think the kernel 2.6.15-27-386 doesn't seem to support pcmcia for my laptop. I will investigate

Comment

Working...
    X