This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need static IP

Due to my own stupidity I had to reinstall my Kubuntu Dapper on my dual boot system. The only thing I am having a problem with is Frostwire. Browser and email are both working fine but Frostwire tells me I am behind a firewall. No firewall install but I am useing an SMC hardware router. I checked on the forums for Frostwire and it seems that It is probably the router ot allowing Frostwire to access the internet. I was refered to a great site called portforward.com for help with getting access. This site has great instructions on how to get many different programs working with many different routers. The only problem is that all the instructions are for windows. I have all the info I need and have set up a static IP for my computer in windows with no problem and everything is working there but I want to get it working in Kubuntu. All I need to do is set up a static IP for the computer in Kubuntu. The network settings in Linux are different enough that I can't figure out how to do it.

If some one could point me in the right direction or tell me how to do it I would greatly apperciate it.

Corwin

Re: Need static IP

GOTO K>>System settings>>Network Settings>>Admin mode>>Password

Highlight the interface and click on Configure Interface. Select manual and enter your ip address.
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Working...
    X