This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

understanding Kubuntu

I am so new that instalation was earlier today. I like the premise of linux, chose Kubuntu cause it seemed to be easy to use. I have a laptop running a BCM4318 and plenty of ram and harddisk space. I can not get on the internet. I want to get the BCM43xx up and running so I can get on the internet. So far I cant even figure out how to instal the ndiswrapper installer. Found places to get the program and the supposed proper driver for this to work. I am just to use to XP that I am lost since I cant find an exe type program. I understand why but cant figure out how to make a program execute. No posts found about this, they may exist but I cant find them. I know there are others out there like me and I just want help making Kubuntu work. I want to stay in the linux realm but wont if it this PAINFUL to install necessary files. Maybe I am still to early in the game of Linux. I just figured that if it has been around as long as it has and is as popular as it is that maybe it would be a bit more intuitive than it is. Frustrated I guess, please help and speak english not linux.

Re: understanding Kubuntu

Hi GlaserCrew

Please check the following site for info
    https://help.ubuntu.com/6.10/pdf/ubu...sktopguide.pdf
    this is the Ubuntu Site
    https://help.ubuntu.com/
    this site you can choose HTML or PDF format

I used the PDF format and search for ndiswrapper and found about 16 hits for it.

Ububunt Documentation is great, and you should read it.  It anwsers a lot of questions

Good Luck

Comment

Thank you for the guidance and direction I will check them out and really look forward to exploring the new world of linux.

Comment

I think you should read these two threads:
        HOWTO: getting wireless BCM43xx on Ubuntu Dapper to work.
        BCM43xx Install - how I got it to work.
        Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

you guyz rock
          --<br />wishing you well

Comment

Working...
          X