This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 min. timeout on DHCP connection

I've been using a shared dialup connection from a Mac to my PC running Ubuntu Dapper for almost a year now with no problems, it's a built-in feature of OSX and convenient for me as I haven't figured out the modem driver situation for my PC yet.
    I just got ahold of the Kubuntu 6.06 LTS CD and the shared connection worked fine on the live CD but after installing Kubuntu to disk on it's own partition, the connection lasts EXACTLY ONE MINUTE. I start a ping in the terminal to the Mac and watch the clock, and without fail, several times, this is what happens. If I unplug and re-plug the cable in to the PC, the connection revives and lasts for exactly one minute again.
    I want to move everything from Ubuntu to Kubuntu, which I much more prefer but I need a reliable Internet connection first.
    It's a crossover cable between the Mac and PC, built-in ethernet in the Mac and just one NIC in the PC.
    Any ideas why this is happening, and possible solutions? Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Re: 1 min. timeout on DHCP connection

See:
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=11128.0
    This may help - hope so.
    regards - YumaJim

Comment

Working...
    X