This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB wireless adaptor, ndiswrapper and islsm

I've been struggling for about a week now trying to get my wireless up and running. To begin with, both USB adaptors I tried, (Netgear wg121 and Siemens Gigaset 54), would light up as if they were working and with the Netgear I could even scan. However, I couldn't get any further and decided to go back to ndiswrapper, which is how I've been successfully connecting for the last 2+ years.

Problem: the native usb wireless driver prevents ndiswrapper from working.

After a lot of frustration, I discovered that the driver in question was a prism54 driver called islsm. I ended up blacklisting everything islsm related:

islsm
    islsm_usb
    islsm_pci
    islsm_device
    ieee80211
    ieee80211softmac
    ieee80211_crypt
    crc_ccitt

Probably overkill, but I now have ndiswrapper working and I am connecting OK, with the minor irritation that the boot process hangs for 20 seconds at the, "Configuring Network", stage, unless I unplug the adaptor first, in which case it runs straight through.

Just thought I'd post this with all the keywords on the modules in case anyone is stuck at the same place.

Finally, if anyone is trying to get the islsm driver working, there's help to be had at prism54.org
Working...
X