This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiFi nightmare, KDE doesnt even see it

I have just bought a usb wif adaptor ( "cable and wireless usb min lan adaptor - USBA10CW3"). during the live session, i called up the wireless assistant, and it said
    No wifi hardware detected, quiting now.
    The device works fine in windows, Can anyone help me with this, it driving me crazy!

thank you:
    Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Re: WiFi nightmare, KDE doesnt even see it

try
    Code:
    lspci -v |grep less
    or just
    lspci -v (but it will take more searching on your part
    in the terminal. Also, check to see if you have a supported card: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...CardsSupported
    <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Natman, have you got anywhere with your connection? I've got the same problem and it's also driving me crazy!

Comment

Hey, i have been looking around and the last post gave a clue, i eventually got to a list of supported cards/usb adpadtors
        Its at C because i have a"cable and wireless" usb thing. According to that post the device only needs the proper driver, and then its all fine. I am currently getting ndiswrapper and wine ( but the involves moving a desktop from attic to ground -slow and hard).
        So pm me or vice versa if either one of us makes any headway.
        Thanks for the interest.
        also check this out
        Good Luck
        Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Comment

Working...
        X