Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Networking on kubuntu (problem after problem)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networking on kubuntu (problem after problem)

ok well where do i start...
    what i got
    dapper (newest)
    a (rather old) toshiba satellite 2250cdt-600mhz processer, 128mb ram
    but more improtanty a us robotics 5410 wireless pcimcia with an acx111 chipset and no current way to directly acsess the internet.

i have tried every thing i had at my disposal to the this thing on my wpa-psk network and every thing i tried ended in one of two way: 1) knetworkmanager freezing at the infamous 28% or 2) an endless loop in a bash shell
    but i think that they have been ending the same way just the knetworkmanager eventually times out.
    so far i have tried knetworkmanager with the driver that comes with kubuntu only to find out that it doesn't work so well.
    from there i have tried everything from ndiswrapper to re-writing /etc/network/interfaces to re-writeing the wpa_suppliment.conf file.
    along with anything thing else i could find on other forums.
    my latest trial and the one i think has been most sucessful was with the native drive blacklisted and using ndiswrapper driver but that gave me one of those endless loops of joy >

(i won't include it in this post but i do have it saved so if someone thinks it's worth seeing just tell me)

srry for the exteramly long post
    but i anyone can help me out that would be great. i am open to any suggestions
    ps i am still new to linux (kubuntu being my first non-live-cd/usb distro) but i learn fast so with good direction i will be fine with any method. i just want this thing on the internet because even just to post this i had to use windows :-X
    if anyone needs aditional information just ask
    thanks in advance

Re: Networking on kubuntu (problem after problem)

ifconfig eth1 192.198.........
    route default gw 192..........
    u undersdent me !

Comment

Working...
    X