This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no internet

i am new to linux,so please be patient!i installed kubuntu dapper this morning.everything seemed to work fine when i tested the live cd..but,after the installation,i have no internet,although my ethernet card is recognized.this problem did not exist with breezy.i have a dsl connection..can somebody help?

Re: no internet

have you tried running
    Code:
    sudo pppoeconf
    in the command line (Konsole)?
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

i did that.it found and scanned the device,but it said that the access concentrator of my provider does not respond

Comment

Originally posted by monty
        i did that.it found and scanned the device,but it said that the access concentrator of my provider does not respond
        I have same problem. Internet with Kubuntu live cd but no internet after install. I got same result as monty when I ran 'sudo pppoeconf'. I have voip router and that may be the problem. I noticed 2 things different from live cd compared to install. In 'route' the live cd lists default gateway as 'mygateway1.Moto' in live cd it is '192.168.15.1'. I can't get this to change in the install. I've tried 'System Settings>Network Settings>Admiistrator Mode>Router>Gateway' and I get the error 'not a valid address' or something like that. How do I get my phone router set up

Also in 'sudo cat /etc/network/interfaces' the install has this at the beginning:

auto lo
        iface lo inet loopback
        address 127.0.0.1
        netmask 255.0.0.0

The live cd has only:

auto lo
        iface lo inet loopback

I don't know what to make of this. Any ideas? I also have FC5 and Suse 10.0 installed and connected to the 'net on the same computer/HD if there is anything to look for there.

Comment

Working...
        X