X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network not working

Hi,

The other day my new pc arrived so I procedeed with the Kubuntu installation. Everything went ok and I could configure Internet without any problems (I had already installed Kubuntu in another machine).

However, when I went to "remote places" I couldn't see any of the computers of my home network (two with XP, another with Kubuntu). After a reboot, suddenly Kubuntu could see them, yet, when I tried to enter to a computer, I couldn't. If I open the computers with Windows, as a list of folders I see only "home", which, if I try to open, I obviously get an error message saying that the folder does not exists. If I try to acces the kubuntu machine, the same happens, eventhough "home" does exist.

So, I went to the other pc with Kubuntu to see if could find any different configuration and, to my surprise, I found that network didn't work either, exaclty the same happened!! The network had worked fine until one/one and a half weeks ago.

Internet in both machines works perfectly and if I ping any of the computers I get no errors, so the ethernet cards seem to be working fine.

Any idea of wha tit could be?

Thanks for the help,

Fedcer

Re: Network not working

I found that my connection to my wife's windoze computer collapsed, after she installed an M$ "security update". You should be able to talk between your linux boxes using nfs, or ssh/sftp.

Comment

Working...
    X