This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just installed kubuntu now what? I need internet access

I just installed kubuntu 6.06 dapper drake i believe it is called. I am trying to hook up a trendnet wireless usb adapter tew 424ub. I have read things on forums but i don't really understand them. This is my first time and first day away from windows so when people mention ndiswrapper and other things i have no idea what i am reading. I am actually pretty good with a windows computer so i should be able to get this once i understand some of the terminology. I downloaded what i think are the correct drivers for this device but since there is no setup.exe botton i don't know where to begin. Any help would be great. This is also my first post to any forum so i'm not even sure if i'm doing this correctly. If i am in the wrong category or something feel free to let me know.

Re: just installed kubuntu now what? I need internet access

I really would advise against using Dapper at this point. You're much better off trying again using Gutsy because there have been a LOT of fixes, especially wireless-related ones, since Dapper was released. And Hardy will be released later this month too, and you can upgrade to it when it's released.

Comment

Re: just installed kubuntu now what? I need internet access

Thanks for the advice. I actually tried to use use gutsy and a few others and this one is the one that actually installed ok. Maybe i will download the iso and try again. From what i read know my device should be supported i even downloaded the linux drivers from their website i just don't understand the instructions. I even downloaded ndiswrapper and don't understand the install instructions for that either. Being my first time i am just missing something that the instructions are saying.

Comment

Working...
      X