This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WPA in Dapper Drake

Just changed ISP from Virgin cable to Sky. Sky's router comes preconfigured with WPA-CSK although there is the option in the router config to change it to WEP, which I had with Virgin but is not as secure as WPA, I believe. I seem to have WPA supplicant installed but cannot access it in wireless settings. The only option when I click on the advanced tab is WEP. Could anyone point me in the right direction please?

The system is a Dell Inspiron 1300 dual booting with XP Pro and works fine when wired. It also worked perfectly wireless before I changed to Sky, so am pretty sure it is just a security issue.

And advice gratefully received.

Re: WPA in Dapper Drake

I've been using wifi-radar in its GUI form which seems pretty good. I've also tried a couple of different things - one of which seemed fairly stable for the last few days.

However, I'm going to experiment with initiating wifi-radar from a startup script and see if that works. Read all about it here: http://wifi-radar.systemimager.org/ If it doesn't work then I'll go back to a solution that was given to me here on Kubuntu.

Another product I've heard good things about, but have no experience with, is "wicd" - a project on sourceforge.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Working...
    X