This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(K)ubuntu and wireless dlink g520+ (ACX111) FIXED AT LAST

just thought I would let everyone know having fought this one for a while...

Since moving from Mepis to Kubuntu my wireless has dropped speed from 255+K/s to around 120K/s.

looking around these forums and web, I have tried the axc111 driver - no change and then the XP driver with ndiswrapper, again with no change.

I decided to try and find out how mepis ran it at twice the speed.
    It seems to use lstinds.inf (which I think is LinkSys TI NDSwrapper!) so I copied these from mepis and tried to load them...
    ...it seemed to fail at line 131, saying it could not find itself?!

what it meant was that it seems to refer to itself in upper case, but the file copied was lower case (ok for windoz!) so I renamed it lstinds.inf > LSTINDS.inf and now it is back to earlier speeds of 255K/s (bursts up to 289 have been seen)
    the router is also dlink 624+

p.s copy all files in dir with lstinds.inf , not just the inf file...
    p.p.s some of these files are links and appear to copy ok from the livecd, but can't be located when your buntu is reloaded - MAKE SURE YOU COPY CONTENTS of files.

your mileage may vary but it worked for me, i have always used mepis before mainly because of this and decided to get to the bottom of it
Working...
X