This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DHCP client error

I am experiencing trouble connecting to me office lan using dhcp. It was working alright until yesterday. Rebooting into Windows tells me that there is no issue with the DNS or DHCP servers.

While booting kubuntu and using dhcp, I get 'temporary error in dns resolution'. My /etc/network/interfaces is set as follows:

auto eth1
    iface eth1 inet dhcp

I also have laptop-netconf installed and it used to switch between my office and home lan effortlessly previously. However, now, its kind of 'stuck' ....

Re: DHCP client error

Hi,

Can you get an ip ? (if you don't know, you will get it by command : ifconfig)
    if yes, can you give the output of the following command :
    cat /etc/resolv.conf

Comment

Re: DHCP client error

I think i figured out what happened. My laptop also has a wireless device and I believe all of a sudden their network device names switched ... eth0 <-> eth1 and hence the error. Once I changed my /etc/network/interfaces to reflect this, it worked.

Now all I wonder is how come this switch occurred in the first place? btw, some upgrade seems to have also screwed up my default sound device ... but that's in another forum (Hardware Support)

Comment

Working...
      X