This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WMP54G can't connect to network

I've just installed Kubuntu 6.06 LTS on my PC and at the moment the only solution to getting it connected to the internet is wirelessly. I've installed a Linksys WMP54G card, as according to the Ubuntu wiki it should work straight out of the box (I tried installing Ubuntu first but it wouldn't work on there either - I thought it would be easier in Kubuntu because of the wireless manager). When I run the Wireless Manager it detects 3 networks - mine and my two neighbours, but I can't connect to any of them. I'm using DHCP to assign an IP address, and when I tried connecting to my network it just said "Connection Failed" in the status bar. Is there any way of getting a more detailed log of why it won't work? I ran iwconfig and it gave no indication that anything was wrong. I tried assigning an IP manually but even when I filled in as many fields that I could - I didn't know what to put in the Hostname field or the DNS fields, so I just put the OpenDNS servers - it still couldn't connect.

It usually tries to connect for about 11 seconds before it says it's failed. I don't think it could be a DHCP timeout because I set that to 60 seconds, but it still fails after about 11.

I've seen that other people have had the same problem, so maybe a there's solution could work for all of us?

Thanks in advance

Re: WMP54G can't connect to network

I have the same wireless card and have had the same problem. Got to http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=93482 and download 1.49 stable. Install ndiswrapper and use the *.inf drivers from your cdrom. Use sudo rmmod to get rid of the packaged drivers,then sudo modprobe ndiswrapper, and knetworkmanager will recognize it and you will be off.
    This is side one flip me over

Comment

Working...
    X