• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about KDE and Windows Networks

I am currently using the Live CDs:

1) ubunto 6.06
    2) Kununto 6.06

I am testing which of the two would be best to install on my system.

So far I have discovered with ubunto 6.06 (gnome) I can browse my Windows Network fairly easy and move files, access to my network is easy without installing anything this is kinda a big deal considering I am so new to Linux. However, I prefer kubunto (kde) 6.06, but I do not know to browse my Windows Network in KDE:

Is there a program a program in Kubuntu Live I can click on to browse the network similar to the gnome version?

Re: Question about KDE and Windows Networks

I found it. SOLVED.

What I was looking for is off of the System menu>Remote Places.

At first samba didn't see my Windows Network, I had to input the computer name and share I was looking for and it found it. From then on it automatically showed the work group and I was able to copy files from the share and paste them onto my desktop.

Now the only rub is having firefox. In the gnome build it is available, in the KDE version it appears not to be.

Comment

Re: Question about KDE and Windows Networks

If you are using the Kubuntu live cd, Firefox won't show up because the default browser in KDE is Konqueror. However, if you decide to install Kubuntu, Firefox will be available to you.

Konqueror is not a bad browser, but like you, I prefer FF.
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Working...
      X