This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going wireless with a compaq presario V2000

I'm only on week three of using linux, but am very frustrated with how hard it is to get online and get plug ins so I can use normal files like mp3, mpeg, and WMV. Right now however the most pressing is the wireless issue, I found code that the user said worked, but I don't know what to do with it. I have a compaq presario V2000 with a built-in wireless card and an AMD Sempron processor. Also when I download a program, how do I get it to run? I downloaded firefox, and I clicked on the icon but it just took me to an extentions folder which took me to a text document. I really appreciate the help as this is the only computer I have that can get on the internet and I'm not much for being at home right now. Thanks.

Re: Going wireless with a compaq presario V2000

I'm not sure what wifi chip the V2000 uses, so in a terminal, please enter:

Code:
    lspci - v
    And post the results here. That will be a start.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Re: Going wireless with a compaq presario V2000

I've reinstalled 6.10 to start over. And another not: before the reinstall, I put a gdesklet on my desktop to manage network connections and it showed activity when the cable modem was plugged in, but I still could not use the internet on Firefox.
      ---------------
      hair dressing games
      About Bariatric Surgery

Comment

Working...
      X