X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to connect to internet via a usb wireless adaptor

Hello,

I get Kubuntu 6.06 installed on my laptop. I would like to visit internet through a usb wireless adaptor and the adaptor is from trendnet. But the manufacturor does not provide any hardware driver for linux. How could I get this adaptor to work on my laptop? Thanks very much!

Re: How to connect to internet via a usb wireless adaptor

Could anyone help? My network adaptor is TrendNet TEW424UB usb wireless adaptor. Thanks very much!

Comment

Have you tried "googling it"? The most important thing to look for is the chipset. Once you find out the chipset you can go to https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...CardsSupported and see if it is supported.

Comment

Check out this link:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2077497

I found it by googling your brand and model plus ubuntu.

It seems that have a zd1211 chipset and there is a project on sourceforge for a driver. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks very much for your help! I have tried the methods mentioned. I installed the latest version of ndiswrapper 1.47. And I managed to install the required drive sis163u. But the network adaptor cannot be found. When I type
          ndiswrapper -l
          Only the installed driver is listed.
          What might be the problem? Thanks!

Comment

I don't know your specific card, but if you are not using the driver that came with your card, check to make sure you have the right one and then make sure you follow the ndiswrapper instructions to the letter. It may have a kernel driver (link the broadcom cards do) that is causing a conflict, but the other post did not indicate that. You might post over at the ubuntuforums or on the developer site forums and get more help. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X