This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS WLAN wont enable?

hey i have been trying to get my asus wl-100ge to work in kubunt and ubuntu i havnt been having any luck

1. the card seems to be recognised as eth1 and is disabled i try and enable it but it enables then a few seconds later it disables

-if its any good i believe its a broadcom chipset

-ive tried the other forums relatiing to this chipset with no luck

-i dont get and lights on the card whatsoever

- there is nothing wrong with the hardware as it works fine in windows

ANY help on this would be much appreciated as ive almost given up

thanks

Re: ASUS WLAN wont enable?

Open a console and enter:
    Code:
    lspci -v
    Scroll down and you should see the specific model of the Broadcom chip being used. If it is a 4318 or 4306, or something similar, then you will need to use either ndiswrapper ot fwcutter to get the correct driver setup. Once you get that done, then run wireless assistant or KWLAN to setup the connection.

It works under Windoze because Broadcom and M$ play nice. Broadcom is somewhat stingy with info for Linux developers. Linux developers have come up with pretty good reverse engineering to use the Windoze drivers.

First, find out your specific above thru lspci then search here or even better the Ubuntu forums for some very good guidance. That's how I got my Broadcom-based cardbus to work.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Working...
    X