This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preseed problem

Hi, I am trying to make a custom Kubuntu desktop cd.
    I've read http://wiki.oss-watch.ac.uk/UbuntuDapper/Remaster and a few articles about how to write a preseed file.

I got the preseed file with:

debconf-get-selections --installer > preseed.cfg
    debconf-get-selections >> preseed.cfg

although the debconf-get-selections --installer > preseed.cfg command doesn't return anything at all.

Then I modified the preseed.cfg file in order to specify a standard user. The modifications I made are:

# For internal use only
    passwd passwd/root-password-crypted password $1$rSGddfUa$z2DoG6.MAf.6/FvSI5DWm.

# For internal use only
    passwd passwd/user-password-crypted password $1$qX3NoIor$je.fL1ewDaBdR.wZTTsBK1

# Username for your account:
    passwd passwd/username string ibi

# Full name for the new user:
    passwd passwd/user-fullname string Ibi

Doing that and including the preseed file into /filesys/initrd/ (where filesys is the directory where filesystem.squashfs was copied) I expected that when I started the desktop cd and clicked on install button on the desktop, the installer would get the values from my preseed file and directly proceed to the install procedure, but instead the installer asks me the usual questions and when I click install it never goes beyond 0%.

Can anyone help me with that?

Also I would like to know how can I specify the partiton table, because I didin't found any option in the preseed file that I got from debconf, that says anything about that.

In addition noticed that the preseed file that I got from debconf doesn't have any d-i entries and I know that if I use d-i I can specify the partition table, so should I use a d-i entry to do this or not.

Finally I was wondering if I could skip the kde initialization and go directly to the install procedure (even without a X gui)? To do this do I have to change the kubuntu.seed file?

Thanks,
    Komyg

Working...
X