Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reinstalling Windows and I've lost my grub boot loader, hence no more Kubuntu...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reinstalling Windows and I've lost my grub boot loader, hence no more Kubuntu...

Hey guys and gals, well it's quite simple. Windows has stuck it's finger up at my wonderfull Kubuntu install and I would like some step by step advice on how to get it back,
    I have kubuntu 6.06 installed on hdb1 and my windows xp media is on hda1, I would like the grub to be in the "MBR" ( if that's the right term? ) I originaly used a kubuntu install disk which wasn't a live cd, I'd already used it before so I just installed it.

Why Windows isn't configured to regocnise other OS's is beyond resonable explanation.

To fair I wouldn't of put it back but I love my fps's and I'm missing my DoD source.

If anyone can provide me a step by step I would be in your debt.

thanks

LEE

Re: Reinstalling Windows and I've lost my grub boot loader, hence no more Kubunt

Originally posted by dualboot-lee
    Why Windows isn't configured to regocnise other OS's is beyond resonable explanation.
    Good joke - you may like those too - As for your actual problem, the GRUB disk is supposed to help you on ...

Birdy

Comment

Re: Reinstalling Windows and I've lost my grub boot loader, hence no more Kubunt

dualboot-lee:

This link shows a few ways of doing it:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Re...tallingWindows

Check out the "Live CD/overwrite Win bootloader" method... it's never failed me...

Hasta la vista...

Comment

Working...
      X