• Show
Clear All

HELP BLUE BAR SCREEN!

My specs are:

AMD X2 4600+
    Asus M2N32-SLi Deluxe Motherboard
    2X1GB Corsair DDRII RAM
    S-ATA 160MB Maxtor DiamondMax HDD
    Sont Floppy Drive (which isn't reading disks)
    7600GT 256MB

I was first reccommended the X86 architecture, but during the first few seconds of instillation is came up with loads of errors about something not working with a timer, try APIC= something. How do I change all these boot settings? Nobody has made this clear to beginners.

So I lost patience and made an AMD64 Kubuntu CD, this goes further and loads the kernel, but then freezes on this famous blue bar screen. I wonder if I am ever going to get to install Kubuntu, because at the moment it remains a fantasy.

Those of you that are clever enough to know what's going on, please help! By the sounds of it there are a lot of people that are looking for these answers.

Also, may I point out Im new to linux so if you tell me to change boot options I won't know what you're on about! But I can follow instructions!

Thanks a million

Re: HELP BLUE BAR SCREEN!

Can that beast run Linux at all? If so try MePIS; another Debian distro, to make sure it's not a system enginerring flaw.

Comment

There was a bug in a recent update xserver-xorg-core (1:1.0.2-0ubuntu10.3° that won't let you reboot.

Here's a quote from another thread explaining what to do. It worked fine for me.

Originally posted by Josh
      Did you download the xserver-xorg-core update yesterday? If you did, it had a bug that causes kubuntu to lock @ the screen that says kubuntu in blue with the loading bar under it. If this sounds like your problem, reboot into recovery mode and install...

sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-core=1:1.0.2-0ubuntu10

then reboot. If your desktop loads like it should, then X was the problem. There will be an update icon on your taskbar. If the update of xserver-xorg-core is version 0ubuntu10.4, it is safe to download. If it is an earlier version, wait till 10.4 is available.

Comment

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you....

~Have been pulling what hair I have left out all day !!!
        problem sorted

Comment

No worries. I'm currently picking up all of my hair off the floor!

Comment

Working...
          X