X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Cd Won't Run/Install

Hi All,
    I have the Live 64-bit Dapper CD. When I boot from the cd every thing seems to load fine. Then it gets to a part that sezs, something like,"Programs included in Ubuntu system...then the screen goes BLANK, and the system hangs. The same with the alternative CD. I have tried the commands listed in the help section and the same thing happens. Possibly I am using the wrong commands, or the wrong combination of commands. I have been trying this for a couple, maybe three weeks. FWIW Breezy installed without a problem, but its been removed for the new Dapper install.

Here is the system:
    Asus K8V SE Deluxe
    1 Gig Ram
    120G Seagate HDD
    VIA VT8237 Southbridge, SATA
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
    Sony SDM-S73 LCD
    Thanks, FtC

Re: Live Cd Won't Run/Install

Hi,

I don't know about this trouble, I guess it's troubles with xserver...
    Anyway, or you can download the alternate cd and install from text line or I would do like this : reinstall a working breezy and dist-upgrade to dapper...

Good luck

Comment

Last night I made a new cd from the alternative iso . The new disk installed, and went very well. After the install the system rebooted, and then it hung just like the live cd. I could only hit the reset button. Since it seen the HDD. Can I rule out the VIA Driver issue?

If I was to reinstall breezy and do a distro upgrade, I would think I would have the same trouble.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

FtC

Comment

when booting the system hit the ESC key
        on the menu highlight recovery mode
        hit enter

when you get to the cursor enter your password
        at the prompt write

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
        when that has completed turn off your system then restart ...

you could also re-install breezy then change the apt/sources list
        from breezy to dapper then upgrade the system ...

Comment

I booted the cd from the "safe video mode" and installed Kubuntu. Instillation went very well, detected the hardware and everything worked, yes!

Then updated with adept. Rebooted and now I have the same problem, Blank Screen! I did what Gezzer recommend, reconfigured Xserver. All the video hardware was detected correctly. I still have a blank screen. I have done this a few times, trying diffrent things, nothing has worked.

What could have changed with the update?

Comment

Working...
          X