This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading Question

I am currently running 5.10, and was wondering how to upgrade to the alpha 4 of Dapper? Can I run it from the CD, or do I need to change my sources.list to dapper instead of breezy to do it. Are there any instructions on how to upgrade?

Re: Upgrading Question

Hi, Tom. As this is your first post, I am unable to tell if you are a newb like myself or you are a bit of a whiz. So, I would suggest that your options are that you can download the ISO from:

http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/cdimage...pper/flight-4/

or you can change your sources.list and update that way, HOWEVER......

as I said before, I am fairly new at all this, and if you are not an experienced user, my suggestion would be to wait until the final release of Dapper is out in April. It's not that long. If you are confident to use a test version, however, then go for it. Personally, I'm going to wait.

Hope this may help

Cheers

Lowey
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Re: Upgrading Question

You have to replace all breezy to dapper in the sources.list (only the offical (k)ubuntu ones)

then do : sudo apt-get update and then sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

But its still underdevolpment so it can sometimes break/not working till next update.

Comment

Working...
      X