X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgraded to Dapper, now I can't boot new kernel

Hello,

I tried upgrading from breezy to dapper - I edites my sources.list and changed all 'breezy' entries to 'dapper'. Everything went fine during the install of all the packages it fetched.
    I restarted, and first it wouldn't boot at all with the default 386 kernel. I then managed to get it up and running on the breezy kernel, manually loaded the e1000 driver for my NIC and fetched the 686 kernel.

I then tried to boot that kernel - I now get a message that it can't find /dev/hda2, which is my boot device. This message pops up right after loading, so I first expected it to be the initrd image, but that seems just fine.

Obviously, some drivers don't get loaded. Can anyone tell me how to fix Dapper ?

Btw : I have a Toshiba Tecra M2 centrino - works like a charm with Breezy

Thanks in advance for any help.

/Klaus

Re: Upgraded to Dapper, now I can't boot new kernel

You can try to remount with sudo mount -a

Comment

I had the very same thing happen whether I edited sources.list, or installed from the Flight3 ISO image. I guess it's more like the "molting" drake at this point

Comment

I fixed the problem. I booted the old Breezy kernel and installed an older 2.6.15 kernel which worked.. I guess Dapper is a bit too early for many

/Klaus

Comment

Working...
        X