This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu goes to prompt, no GUI

Hi, i clicked Start or Install and after doing all the checks my Kubuntu disc goes to the prompt

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$

it never boots into a graphic interface of any type beyond the original screen with the options.

the hard drive is formatted and i wasnt sure if i need to create a partition or format the drive before attempting to install since this isnt working for me. i am also not sure what to type at the prompt, i tried "exit" but it just puts me back at the same prompt again. i also tried "ls" to view what options i have and the only one is "Desktop"

i am rusty with linux and have forgotten many of the commands, please let me know any information that i can post that may help solve this issue. thanks!

Re: Kubuntu goes to prompt, no GUI

Here you go: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3085112.0

Comment

Re: Kubuntu goes to prompt, no GUI

thanks for this link, i will bookmark it for future reference. turns out i may just be dumb i was reading in another thread that mentioned a 256meg RAM minimum and my machine had 128 in there. added another 128 stick and it went to gui first time, so my guess is that this was the problem. way to go me for not looking at the pre-reqs first time.

Comment

Working...
      X