X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie needs help

Hi All

Will greatly appreciate all the help kindly plz, i have gone through the installation procedures of Kubuntu from this forum but can't seem to get the CD to boot, can't understand what I am doing wrong. I have downloaded the ISO from kubuntu website, the desktop i386 iso, is this the correct iso ??

plz plz help, i am dying to try kubuntu out

await your kind response

Cheers and regards
    Tony

Re: Newbie needs help

You downloaded the i386 iso file. Did you 'burn' it to CD or just copy the iso file to it? You have to use a CD burning software program to burn the iso file to the CD in order to get a LiveCD from which you can boot.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hi

Thx for the reply, me plain stupid and useless, I copied the files

The i386 that i have downloaded is in zip format, where and how do i locate the iso file after i unzip

sorry bout my doofness

Comment

You should only have to either double-click the file and it will 'un-zip' it, or right-click the file and select to 'un-zip' it. Either way will get the .iso file that you need.

Do you have a CD burning software program? If you don't you need to download one. I used ImgBurn which is free and easy to use. You don't have to make any setting changes once installed. Just use the defaults. But, read through the instructions first - always a good practice - before you begin.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

thank u

will def try and let u know , appreciate it

Comment

Working...
          X