This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installation

I have tried to install Kubuntu on an extra hardisk connected to the computer with USB. I got the choise to delete what was on the harddisk, and it all ended up with a message that I had not succeeded. After that neither Windows nor Linux could find the harddisk again. How can I find the harddisk again and eventually format it again? And can i install Kubuntu on it?
    Jens Gabe
    jygabe@tele2adsl.dk

seeing USB hard drive

If you unplug it and plug it in again in either OS, what happens?

Comment

Re: installation

unplugging and plugging again does not alter anything.

Comment

I have sent the harddisk to a computershop for reformating now. What I have learned is to keep away from trying to install Kubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by Jens Gabe
          I have sent the harddisk to a computershop for reformating now. What I have learned is to keep away from trying to install Kubuntu.
          Does that USB port detect a USB flash drive?

Did you get it back working after it was reformated?

Comment

Perhaps if you indicated what other choices you made during your install we could figure out your problem. Just saying you choose to reformat a drive during install doesn't really give us much to go on. Did you create an ext3 partition for root (/) and tell the installer to put kubuntu there? Did you tell the installer to put grub in the mbr so you could choose which OS to load at startup? Did you check the md5sum on your install disk or run the "check disk for errors" option when the live cd booted?

We probably could have diagnosed your usb drive problem from the live cd given the chance.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with kubuntu, but most issues can be worked out with a little patience and help from fellow forum users.

Comment

Working...
            X