Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SATA install? Already used the Search feature.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SATA install? Already used the Search feature.

I recently purchased a new 80 GB SATA Maxtor HDD. Since then, I've not been able to install Kubuntu by using the Live CD. It always crashes at the Partition stage. It will read both of my SATA hard drives, but will not let me manually partition the one I wish to install to. I was able to successfully install by using the Alternate CD, but after everything was loaded, in order to update the system, I was asked to put in the CD again for some reason, and the file it needed was not available. On a whim, I tried installing Ubuntu and it was fine. I installed the KDE packages from the repositories, but didn't like the end result. I'm looking for a pure Kubuntu install, not simply KDE overlayed on Ubuntu.

I went so far as to download the newest Kubuntu Live CD with the newest kernel, but still no luck. I prefer to use 6.06, but will go to Edgy if necessary.

After some research on both the U/Kubuntu forums, I found some useful information regarding BIOS, but after trying it, still no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jay

Re: SATA install? Already used the Search feature.

Hi,

If you successfully installed from ubuntu, I would use the useful link from psychocat :
    http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/purekdedapper
    to remove all ubuntu related stuff and get a real kubuntu

Hope it helps

Comment

Working...
    X