X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop hibernation

hello all,

my toshiba satellite A30 laptop will not recover after it goes into hibernation. I momentarily push the power button to try and bring it back, but it never works, all that happens is the caps lock button lights up, and I get a funny little icon lit below the F12 key. Oh and also the blinking orange led that tells me the machine is in hibernation stops blinking and turns green. That's it! I then have to hold down the power button in order to shut down the machine, and then reboot.

Is there a known problem with laptop hibernation and Kubuntu 6.06?

Does anyone have any suggestions? Moving to Kubuntu from Windows is the best computer move I've made in years! Just a few little niggles to sort.

Patanjali
    "We simply must accept the fact that Captain Kirk is no longer alive!"

Re: Laptop hibernation

Hello,
    I realise its an old Post. But now i am facing the same problem. Do let me know if you found a fix for this.
    Thanks.

Comment

Re: Laptop hibernation

Originally posted by Patanjali
      hello all,

my toshiba satellite A30 laptop will not recover after it goes into hibernation. I momentarily push the power button to try and bring it back, but it never works, all that happens is the caps lock button lights up, and I get a funny little icon lit below the F12 key. Oh and also the blinking orange led that tells me the machine is in hibernation stops blinking and turns green. That's it! I then have to hold down the power button in order to shut down the machine, and then reboot.

Is there a known problem with laptop hibernation and Kubuntu 6.06?

Does anyone have any suggestions? Moving to Kubuntu from Windows is the best computer move I've made in years! Just a few little niggles to sort.

Patanjali
      I have a Dell Latitude 505 and I'm using Kubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy) with the same problem. The "Turn Off" seems to put the Dell into hibernation and nothing will wake it but the programmers switch.

Thanks and Kubuntu is great! I'm sorting the niggles as well, not many.

Comment

Working...
      X