X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent help: Problems with Volume control

hi .
    I have just bought a new laptop. Lenovo N series and i have only installed Linux (Kubuntu) on it.
    Now, need some help as I am new to Linux !

My sound does work without any external speakers, but on connecting the external speakers the sound comes from both ..external speakers as well as inbuilt speakers.
    besides the problem also exsists when i plug in ...my headhones..the system inbuilt speakers are on and the sound comes into the headphones also.

Please help me as to how can keep the system inbuilt speakers mute while i listen to music on headphones.

Thanks

Re: Urgent help: Problems with Volume control

You need to run Kmix. It is found in the multi media section of the application menu. Or may be in the task bar. Run the mixer by pressing the mixer button > go to the switches tab> disable the external amplifier by pressing the yellow button at the top. That should solve it.

David

Comment

great!!..thanks a lot...all working just as i wanted!!

just one thing the music sounds a little jarring..can anything be done for that?

Comment

Not sure what you mean by jarring. Which player are you using? I use Amarok and XMMS, both of those sound fine.

David

Comment

hi David..

Even i am using Amarok..but by Jarring ..the sound is not crystal clear....
          its like when play your speakers on full volume.

although i keep my volume around 25 on the Kmix..the sound seems to be jarring a little..is it because of an inbuilt problem?
          Besides when i play it on my speakers the sound is absolutely clear! let me know if anything can be done!

Thanks for your helo!

Gaurav

Comment

The speakers that are built into the Lenovo are not that good. Mine also sound distorted. I have resorted to only using headphones or a small set of speakers that plug into the headphone port.

David

Comment

hi David,
              I got one more problem with my Lenovo laptop.my function keys[Fn] are not working when i try increase or decrease the volume.It just shows the volume level when i click on [Fn]+[vol++].Can you please suggest a solution??

Comment

Working...
              X