This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound isues in with artsd

Hi I used to use debian stable but i thought i'd switch to ubuntu for various reasons when i switched i started getting my settings how i like them etc but i don't rember one particular thing that i did but my sound broke so i started fiddiling and tweaking in kmix and the sound system box and when i unmuted pcm in kmix i got sounds from everything that didn't use the artsd sound server ( amsn xmms (with out artsd output) etc.) and i've tryed every thing i can think of

i have an onboard sound card it is an AC'97 according to my mother board book and in xmms settings where i configure the out put oss and alsa says it is a VIA 8235 or a realtek alc655 rev 0

plus amsn uses the play command but when the play command plays anything it seems to play the first half over and over again then after a while it plays the second half over and over again then quits

i've tryed to put the play command to play system notifications but then when i open a window i get the first half of a short notification for like 2 min then the next half super annoying

ps. i didn't have this problemin debian stable
Working...
X