X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

camera

Hi,
    I was going to setup my camera so that it would act as a webcam (or at least try) and came to find out that the system no longer recognizes it.
    I have a Canon A510 and when I first loaded kubuntu 6.06 it had no problem finding it and letting me configure it. I was able to download the pics from the camera to my system with no problems.
    Today, it doesn't even detect that I plug or unplug the camera (usb). I know that the usb works because my mouse is usb and that works fine. I did try unplugging the mouse and using the ps/2 adapter plug it into that so that there was nothing else using the usb ports and still no joy.
    I am currently up to date with all the latest fileset updates. Does anyone else have any other ideas I can try? I would hate to lose the ability to use my camera with kubuntu.

thanks

Re: camera

Dumb .... Dumb ..... Dumb Turns out that the system won't recognize the camera when it is in picture taking mode. If I leave it in non-picture taking mode, then the system sees the camera and lets me down load images from it. So much for trying to use it as a webcam.......

Comment

Working...
    X