X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jittery mouse

Hi,

I have a brand new kubuntu 6.06.install. What is happening is that the mouse gets all jittery when I move it around. It's nothing special just a plain ps/2 3 button mouse. It is very frustrating to want to move to the right and you end up going to the bottom left. Or if I try to drag something and the mouse pointer just shakes till I release the button. I have tried 2 other mice with the same problem. I do have a wireless mouse but that doesn't work at all (left another posting on that one).

Thanks

Re: jittery mouse

Are these USB or PS2 mice?
    "Computers can figure out all kinds of problems, except the things in the world that just don't add up."  James Magary

Comment

Hi,

This is a plain 3 buton ps/2 mouse that plugs into the mouse port. No wheels or extra buttons.

Comment

Not entirely sure why you're experiencing the problem with your mouse.
        It's the kind of problem you might expect from USB not PS2.

It's probably worth reinstalling the mouse related packages.

Try enabling the Universe and Multiverse repositries in ADEPT.
        Launch ADEPT.
        Then run a FETCH UPDATES.
        Request an upgrade or reinstall (if upgrade is not available) of the following packages:
        libgpmg1
        mdetect
        xserver-xorg-input-mouse

You could always use sudo apt-get install <package name> if your mouse is too frustrating to use for the install.

Hope this helps
        &quot;Computers can figure out all kinds of problems, except the things in the world that just don&#039;t add up.&quot;&nbsp; James Magary

Comment

Hi,
          I tried all of that and still no joy. I think at this point I have a hardware issue on my motherboard.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Have you tried a USB mouse?
            &quot;Computers can figure out all kinds of problems, except the things in the world that just don&#039;t add up.&quot;&nbsp; James Magary

Comment

Hi,

no I haven't. Don't have any around except for a wireless one and that one doesn't work either.

Comment

If you can borrow a USB mouse it might be worth giving it a go.

I can't think of anything else that might be of use to you.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                X