X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ata1 is slow to respond, please be patient

hi,

I just installed dapper on a new acer aspire 9400. The machine randomly hangs on extremely high loads of about 10. I can't see any higher, because my system does not repond anymore. syslog tells me "ata1 is slow to respond, please be patient". That looks to me like the cause of this. My Windows partition does not give this problem. In what way can I fix this?

tHNx

ben

Re: ata1 is slow to respond, please be patient

Hi,

I guess you can find your answer on the wiki of kubuntu.org but actually it's not available... Try to make a search on "hdparm" and you should find what you need...
    If not look in man pages of hdparm to set it better but I'm sure you will find optimization in kubuntu.org's wiki...
    If you have still troubles don't hesistate...
    Cheers

Comment

Hi Sky,

tHNx for your reply. I couldn't find an answer on the wiki. We built a new kernel with the config from a stock kernel from a Gentoo Live cd and that did the trick. The harddisk is now /dev/hda1 instead of /dev/sda1. I hope the next kernel with Dapper supports my disk in a proper way.

gRTz

ben

Comment

The problem still exists: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...51301#msg51301

I've got "ata1: port is slow to respond, please be patient" on my box, 2.6.20-8 kernel on Feisty fawn.

Comment

Working...
        X